Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Some film tangents including BC and Paul.

A slight tangent into 2013, as Benedict Cumberbatch is playing a slave owner in an upcoming movie; the lead who's playing the slave (Chiwetel Ejiofor) is the brilliant bounty hunter of Serenity. (I love synchronicity!) Wiki can give you the gist of Twelve Years a Slave.

Okay, I admit I added this link for the same 2013 movie because I like that color blue Benedict's wearing in the picture.

If you happen to be in Canada, and wanted to see the two-man Frankenstein that Benedict's in, you're in luck this month. Americans get their chance next weekend only. Mexico gets a showing as well. Sorry if you happen to be elsewhere than North America, but that's all I found [and look, have pity, I think Italy doesn't get to see Sherlock until September!].

If you didn't know yet, Benedict is the voice of Smaug in The Hobbit [and Someone Else too], which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins. Coming out this December.


Back with Sherlock, there's a view on relationships, using Irene, John and Sherlock. Interesting.

Interview with Paul McGuigan
, who directs Sherlock. :)

Ahhh, and I've found where one can buy Sherlock eps or the series. [Yay to fellow Twitter users!] Supposedly this can go onto your computer or your TV. Hmmmm.


I read Michael Dirda's On Conan Doyle: Or, The Whole Art of Storytelling recently. A good rambly little book, which I much recommend. Michael Dirda inspired me to look for Conan Doyle' "Lot No. 249", which Michael says "almost certainly inspired the 1930s Boris Karloff film The Mummy and thus an entire subgenre of film horror. I envy anyone who has yet to read it."

My library has this story in the anthology Hauntings: Tales of the Supernatural.

Sherlock's mind palace map, which I am fairly certain I first discovered through The Woman herself, Irene Adler (@The_Whip_Hand); and for anyone who wants to not quite apologize to friends and foes alike, there's this poster. I know this poster's hers. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment