Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

About that Fine Rat.



There is a picture at MK Hey's blog, which I call the Rikki-Tikki-Tavi picture of Sherlock. It's the final still shot on that post. I love that picture. ("Aren't I clever?" it says.) Tumblr may have made Sherlock into an otter, but I should rather say our Sherlock's a mongoose.

Why?

Because whether or not Moriarty is gone for good, there's always another snake for a mongoose. Maybe not the great Nag, true. The world is full of snakes, full of challenges, full of interest. Even if you have to hunt for it.

Sherlock might not die or languish like Moriarty because of that very reason, don't you think?

Note: This is inspired by my reading Diane Duane's After the Fall. Consider it a letter of comment, if you like. :)


ETA: Hmmm, Benedict expresses his thoughts before BAFTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment